with Ms. Bittner
"Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." - Andre Gide
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our "I can" statements for the week of 5/1/2017:
Art K: I can create a drawing from observation.
Art 1: I can create a diorama of what I saw at the Akron Art Museum.
Art 2: I can explore and understand how artworks displayed and why art is important to preserve.
Art 3: I can build a three dimensional sculpture out of recycled materials.
Art 4: I can understand and practice collage and sewing techniques while learning about the work of Faith RInggold.
Art 5: I can critique a historically famous artwork and research the artist and the work itself.
Art 8: I can create and collaborate on an artwork that is meant for a public space through planning, and execution of detailed drawings and paintings.
Art Room Announcements
- Fine Arts Night is Tuesday May 23rd,2017 Come and join us for an evening of artistic expression of our appreciation for All of God's Creatures. The spring music program will be in the Gym and the Art show will be held in the hallway of the family center. Look for more details about this to come home soon!
- Friday, April 28th Grades K-2 took a trip to the Akron Art Museum! Look for some information coming home about the trip and ways to revisit or learn more about your learner's experience there!
- Grades 3-5 will be visiting the Akron Art Museum on Friday, May 12th. Look for permission slips coming home soon!
- The art department will be using Artsonia again to collect images of student work and build an online portfolio that will include a collection of art and artist's statements for each learner.
Artsonia is an awesome site where you can keep track of your learner's progress, leave comments on their work, and get information about what it happening in the art room! The site also offers all sorts of goodies available to purchase to help our art program.
Please check it out at the link below:
What's going on in S2TEM2:
Artists are encouraged to express their thoughts, ideas and opinions on topics in STEM and to incorporate this way of thinking into their artwork to increase and further understanding in a creative way.
- Check us out on Instagram and Twitter @svdp_art for classroom updates and student progress ! Look for student artwork,class photos, and more.